Hey Guitar jammers, Happy New Year!! Just in case you have not had a chance to commit to those “all important” New Year’s resolutions…here is a list to help you get started to enjoying a great year of making music:
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Keep your favorite guitar close by
- Don’t forget to turn off your practice amp (when you go to bed or leave the house!)
- Change your guitar strings often (you’ll love that crisp, bright sound!)
- If you are teaching, remember the student already knows you can play the songs
- Keep your baby in a case
- Take your picks out of your pocket before washing your pants
- Polish, dust, and admire regularly
- Beware of GAS (gear acquisition syndrome)
- Oh, go ahead, acquire something new (or vintage)!
Happy New Year from all of us at Guitar Girl Magazine!